As the holiday season approaches here are some top tips to stay safe and protected whilst travelling:
- Ensure you have adequate travel insurance. According to a recent survey by The Association of British Travel Agents, around a quarter of UK travellers are thought to go abroad without insurance, with those aged 18-24 the most unlikely to purchase travel insurance. Getting into difficulty can be expensive. Transport off mountains or islands or from hard to get to places, emergency medical treatment and repatriation can run into thousands of pounds.
- Check the Foreign & Commonwealth office website for foreign travel advice: Remember – your travel insurance won’t cover you whilst visiting countries and areas against any recommendation or advice issued by the Foreign Office or Department of Health unless you have their express, written agreement.
- When travelling don’t take risks you wouldn’t feel comfortable about taking at home.
- Learn about your destination.
- If you are travelling in Europe, be sure to update your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This card lets you get free or reduced cost healthcare in Europe.
For any further information please contact [email protected] or call 07464 545648