Bruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers are specialist insurance brokers to the whisky industry. Over the years we have helped several existing and new build distilleries design insurance programmes that are bespoke to their business, but tailored to the unique insurance requirements of the whisky sector.
If you are a new build distillery, we can help you with:
- Advice and tailored insurance cover to meet your contractual obligations under SBCC & JCT contract conditions
- Customs and Excise Bonds, Duty Deferment Guarantee, Warehouse Guarantees freeing up capital to be reinvested in the Business
- Written Schemes of Inspection for pressure and temperature systems
- Dangerous Substances & Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR) Risk Assessments
If you are an existing distillery producing spirit, we can help you with:
- Maturation Whisky Insurance
- Loss of Production & Output Insurance
- Product Recall Insurance
- Worldwide Liability and Goods in Transit Insurance
Our expertise and knowledge have allowed us to develop bespoke wordings and we are well placed to support the many distilleries operating in this sector.
Sponsorship of Spirit of Speyside Festival
We are proud to be platinum sponsors of the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival, one of the largest whisky festivals of its kind anywhere in the World. You can read more about our involvement with the Spirit of Speyside Festival here.
What our Clients Say:
“Graeme provided invaluable insurance support and advice during the construction of our new build distillery and continues to do so now that it is operational.
Graeme has tailored our insurance cover to meet our unique risks as a distillery such as insuring our stock on a maturing basis, at future sales value.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Graeme or the services of Bruce Stevenson to any existing or new build distillery due to their unique knowledge and experience within the sector.”
Alex Bruce, Managing Director, Adelphi Distillery Ltd.
“Very impressed by Graeme and his colleagues at Bruce Stevenson and their specialist knowledge in the Whisky sector”.
James Campbell, Chairman of the Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival.